Tonight we had salad and chicken for dinner and Matthew said something that we though was very funny...
To give you some perspective I will start with what happened yesterday. Yesterday, Matthew had his 3 year old apointment. He is doing great. He is 38 inches tall and 35 lbs. He was able to draw a circle and an x when the doctor asked, which aparantly is a 4 year old skill according to our pediatrician. Yay for Matthew! He knew his colors and the doctor said he is pronouncing his letter sounds very well. The doctor started our appointment by asking Matthew:
"Do you like pizza?" Matthew...."no"
"Do you like chicken nuggets?" Matthew...."yea"
"Do you like ice cream?" Matthew...."yes"
"Do you like candy?" Matthew..."yes"
"Do you like french fries? Matthew... "yea"
At this point I'm thinking ... Oh great... the doctor is going to think that we only feed him junk food. He does not get to eat these things very often.
Then the doctor then said....
"Do you like broccoli?" Matthew... "no"
Mommy said..."yes you do!"
I laughed because Matthew loves broccoli. About once a month he will say that he doesn't like it, but most of the time it's his favorite vegetable. Of course the day we are talking to the doctor he would say "no I don't like it." What a silly boy.
So the doctor asked "So do you think that Matthew is a relatively good eater?" and I said yes. He asked about how much dairy he consumes. He does a pretty good job drinking milk and eating yogurt. We talked about ways to get calcium other than milk and yogurt. The doctor reccomended leafy green veggies such as spinach. Matthew at this point does not like anything that resembles a leaf. I think it's a texture thing.
Anyway, back to my original funny story. Tonight we had chicken and salad with spinach mixed in. I told Matthew that his doctor said he should try eating the spinach because it's good for his body and his brain. Whenever we want Matthew to eat something we tell him it is good for his brain.
Matthew picked up a piece of spinach and said, "I will try it." He ate a piece of spinach and said, "Mommy and Daddy, the chicken goes down and the salad goes up." We realized that he meant the chicken goes to my tummy and the salad goes up to the brain! We all laughed!
I hope you enjoyed this little update. Have a great weekend!
Love, Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.